The aim of this course is to help you implement a list building strategy in order to increase the number of potential customers for your farm business.
Whether you’re just starting out and wanting to build a waitlist, or you already have a large list of rabid fans, ongoing list building is critical to your success. So this course is for everyone, no matter where in the journey you currently are with your farming business.
For each lesson, I’ll add some suggestions for how to use the information if you’re starting from scratch or already have everything in place.
There are action steps for each lesson that will help you to move forward with growing your email list. While you can go through this course all at once, you’ll probably find that there are some points where you’ll want to spend some time implementing what you’ve learned rather than rushing to the next step. At those critical junctions, I’ve created “Checkpoints.” You won’t be able to miss them.
This course is not about how to build your email list, as there is another comprehensive course dedicated solely to list building. Rather, the aim of this course is to help you implement a process for using email marketing to nurture strangers into customers, and then brand advocates. It’s about:
- WHAT to send to your subscribers,
- WHEN to send it,
- WHAT to measure, and
- WHAT tools to use.
The course also covers best practices to ensure your emails are received, opened and that your subscribers engage with your content.
YOUR FIRST TASK…
Before you get started I just want you to think about the following:
- Have you already chosen an email marketing service provider?
- If so, have you found it easy and intuitive to use?
- Are you comfortable with your copywriting skills? If not, please go through the copywriting course. It’s important.
Having some set goals is a great way to help you assess the progress that you’re making.
Remember – it’s not all about having a giant list. I’m a firm believer that quality is much more important than quantity! It’s better to have a highly engaged list of 100 than a tuned out list of 1,000!
Today, having a website that converts is critical if you want people to not only find and learn about your farm, but to become loyal supporters.
IN THIS COURSE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- The 12 fatal flaws of most farm websites
- How most people build a website and why their sites fail to convert
- A comparison of site builders, such as WordPress, Squarespace and Wix
- A thorough understanding of how search engine optimization (SEO) works
- How to use Yoast SEO
- A demonstration of creating an actual farm website in WordPress and FarmPress
- How to optimize images
- How to style text for your site
- How to install Google Analytics and Facebook pixels for tracking
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- You’ve got a farm website that is poorly designed or ineffective
- You’re planning a farm business and need to know how to develop a website that is effective