It’s easy to grow your farm or small business, right? Just define your ideal customer and find more like them. Well, today, I’ll put an end to this myth and explain why it’s not about your ideal customer, but rather it’s about YOU!
You know, it’s frustrating when we start a farm or any new business.
We hear things like, if you build it they will come.
Experts advise us to simply define our ideal customer…our avatar, in modern speak, and we’re all set.
Simple as that.
But is that really sound advice?
On first glance, maybe it is.
I mean, it sounds both simple and logical…just target people who are likely to buy from you.
So, in theory, it’s one of those things that sounds sensible, so people keep repeating this advice you hear.
Don’t believe me?
Just Google “how to identify your ideal customer” and you’ll see millions of results on it.
But, despite being advice frequently dished out, there’s a big problem with this approach.
And, actually, in my experience, there are five problems with this approach.
I cover them in this episode and explain what you should do instead of trying to define a mythical ideal customer.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment in the Farm Marketing Group on Facebook.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn
To help the show:
- PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW for Small Farm Nation on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play or TuneIn
Credits/Resources Relevant to This Episode
- Farming for You lyrics by Tim Young; music & vocals by my friend Bojan at Fiverr
- Buy the rock classic, Stuck in the Middle With You by Stealer’s Wheel on Amazon
Thanks for listening. Until next time!