Each month,I conduct a mastermind interview for members of the Small Farm Nation Academy.
They’re video calls between me and an expert in matters that relate to growing a profitable farming business, and they tend to be an hour long, give or take.
In this episode, I’m gonna share some highlights of my discussion with Jordan & Laura Green of J&L Green Farm in Virginia.
The Green’s have built a fast-growing pasture-based meat business and, get this…they don’t even own a single acre of farmland.
- how they started their farm
- farm investors, partners and contractual relationships
- the pros and cons of selling at farmers markets
- why J&L Green Farm hasn’t aggressively pursued selling to restaurants
- logistical issues shipping frozen meat products
- delivering farm products via drop sites (or metropolitan buying clubs)
- and so much more that relates to marketing and running a farm business
So listen in, now.
Get updates from Small Farm Nation!
When there's new free content, podcasts or videos, I'll let you know!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment in the Farm Marketing Group on Facebook.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn
To help the show:
- PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW for Small Farm Nation on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play or TuneIn
Credits/Resources Relevant to This Episode
- Farming for You lyrics by Tim Young
- Buy the rock classic, Stuck in the Middle With You by Stealer’s Wheel on Amazon
Thanks for listening. Until next time!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS EPISODE