Each month,I conduct a mastermind interview for members of the Small Farm Nation Academy.
They’re video calls between me and an expert in matters that relate to growing a profitable farming business, and they tend to be an hour long, give or take.
In this episode, I’m gonna share some highlights of my discussion with Jordan & Laura Green of J&L Green Farm in Virginia.
The Green’s have built a fast-growing pasture-based meat business and, get this…they don’t even own a single acre of farmland.
- how they started their farm
- farm investors, partners and contractual relationships
- the pros and cons of selling at farmers markets
- why J&L Green Farm hasn’t aggressively pursued selling to restaurants
- logistical issues shipping frozen meat products
- delivering farm products via drop sites (or metropolitan buying clubs)
- and so much more that relates to marketing and running a farm business
So listen in, now.
SUBSCRIBE TO Small Farm Nation!
When there's new free content, podcasts or videos, I'll let you know!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment in the Farm Marketing Group on Facebook.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn
To help the show:
- PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW for Small Farm Nation on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play or TuneIn
Credits/Resources Relevant to This Episode
- Farming for You lyrics by Tim Young
- Buy the rock classic, Stuck in the Middle With You by Stealer’s Wheel on Amazon
Thanks for listening. Until next time!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS EPISODE