Welcome to Episode 2. In this episode, you’ll hear the story of how Lisa Steele escaped the concrete jungle surrounding Wall Street and built a lucrative brand around backyard chickens.
Lisa Steele made Gordon Gecko proud, living the high-life on Wall Street during the go-go ’80s. But when terrorists bombed the World Trade Center for the first time in 1993, Lisa reached her tipping point and began looking for a simpler life. It was many years later when boredom and necessity motivated her to start writing about her passion; chickens.
Listen to the Podcast
What started as a simple Facebook page grew into a thriving blog, books and television series, all centered around Lisa’s brand, Fresh Eggs Daily.
A lot of people start blogs, but few turn their passion into a blogging business. Lisa Steele did just that, and now earns an income to rival what she walked away from when she left Wall Street.
Lisa teaches us how giving readers what they want can earn you more than chicken feed.
Make it easy on yourself and subscribe to the show, and you’ll never miss an episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please SHARE it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and I greatly appreciate it!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates!
Resources Relevant to This Episode
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Fresh Eggs Daily – Website
- Gardening with Chickens by Lisa Steele – the book
- Fresh Eggs Daily by Lisa Steele – the book
- Duck Eggs Daily by Lisa Steele – the book
- Lisa’s Televesion Series: Fresh Eggs Daily
- How to Make Money Homesteading by Tim Young
- The Accidental Farmers by Tim Young
- Start Prepping by Tim Young
- Story written by Tim Young
- Opting Out Today – Lyrics by Tim Young
- Other royalty-free music by www.bensound.com, Kevin MacLeod, Nicolai Heidlas & Audionautix