A lot of folks have asked me if they can make money farming or homesteading, but is that even the right question to ask? This week, Liz and I will share why it may not be and what we’ve learned about the financial side of a self-sufficient lifestyle.
Listen to the Podcast
Usually the question is more revealing than any answer I could provide, for it fails to consider one of the most obvious benefits of homesteading: saving money. Because, the truth is that homesteaders have far more opportunities to eliminate or reduce expenses than most people do.
Get updates from Small Farm Nation!
When there's new free content, podcasts or videos, I'll let you know!
In this episode we list dozens of ways we found to save money WHILE enjoying a more fulfilling, free lifestyle. Some of the areas we cover include:
- the importance of house size
- the value of buying cheap (infertile) land and restoring it
- unnecessary expenses you can do without
- ways homesteaders and preppers reduce food costs
- alcohol, gifts and other things you can make yourself
- what and how to barter to build your homestead
- the importance of paying for quality
- how your need for vacation and entertainment changes once you move to the country
So, if you’re looking for ways to tips and inspiration to become more self-sufficient, you won’t want to miss this. So grab some coffee and pull up a chair!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me this week for Self-Sufficient Life. If you enjoyed this episode, please SHARE it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW for Self-Sufficient Life on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and I greatly appreciate it!
Resources Relevant to This Episode
- How to Make Money Homesteading by Tim Young
- Start Prepping by Tim Young
- The Accidental Farmers by Tim Young
- Get the Free eBook: The Self-Sufficient Road Map
- Story written by Tim Young