We all love our children, but what do you do when that cute little girl of yours grows up to be a defiant teenage trouble maker?
Today, I’ll share the story of how a rebellious teenager in a gang-infested neighborhood escaped to develop a new life on a homestead.
Listen to the Podcast
Welcome to Episode 6! Raising a teenager is challenging—always has been. But imagine you’re raising one in a busy California coastal town—say—Santa Barbara.
It’s 1996 and the city is besieged by violence. The police have their hands full with over 800 gang members, creating a steady stream of mischief.
And there’s been an increasing trend in real violence. Drive-by shootings, gang rapes, brawls, stabbings,
And here you are, a single mom trying to raise a 15-year old by yourself.
So, what do you do with your rebellious daughter?
You stick her on a plane and sentence her to a new life on a homestead.
This is the inspiring story of Kendra Lynne from the blog New Life on a Homestead.
Grab some coffee and pull up a chair!
Subscribe to the Small Farm Nation Podcast
Make it easy on yourself and subscribe to the show, and you’ll never miss an episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. If you enjoyed this episode, please SHARE it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and I greatly appreciate it!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates!
Resources Relevant to This Episode
- Kendra’s Blog – New Life on a Homestead
- Kendra’s Canning DVD – At Home Canning for Beginners and Beyond
- All American 921 Pressure Canner
- Start Prepping by Tim Young
- How to Make Money Homesteading by Tim Young
- The Accidental Farmers by Tim Young
- Story written by Tim Young
- Theme Song – Opting Out Today – Lyrics by Tim Young
- Other royalty-free music by www.bensound.com, Kevin MacLeod, Nicolai Heidlas & Audionautix