As a farmstead and artisan cheesemaker, I loved teaching folks from all corners of the country how to become professional artisan cheesemakers themselves. But as much as we enjoyed making cheese my students were more interested in answers to business questions than cheese making. You know…questions like:
- What kind of cheese should I make? Which cheeses are most profitable?
- How much money will it cost me to start?
- How much money can I expect to make after I get up and running? And how long before I’ll get paid?
- What kind of space do I need and how do I set it up?
- What are the regulations?
- Should I use raw milk or pasteurized, and how will I get and transport milk anyway?
- How do I get customers?
- Should I sell at farmers markets or through distributors or what?
- Where can I find the money to get started?
- Is there a way I can bootstrap it to save money?
- Oh, and what if someone gets sick?
- How can I both prevent that and protect myself?
That’s what this course will cover. How to Start a Rewarding Artisan Cheese Business is offered as a stand-alone paid course, but I’m pleased to now share it here with Academy members. This is an 8-Lesson course along with many valuable downloads. If you’re not considering an artisan cheese business, you’ll still get a lot out of this. If you are considering an artisan cheese business, you may find it invaluable.