Had a wonderful conversation with Matt from the Off-Farm Income podcast about how to increase small farm revenue and market your farm business. If you haven’t checked out Matt’s podcast, be sure to give it a listen.
It turns out that Matt used to listen to my first podcast (Nature’s Harmony Farmcast) several years ago while setting up his farm, so it’s ironic that I enjoy now listening to his show while milking my Jersey cow or working in the garden.
In this episode, Matt and I discuss:
- how to start marketing your farm business before you even begin farming
- finding niches with your farm business
- how modern marketing techniques level the playing field with large marketers
- the importance of treating your farm as a business rather than a hobby
- why it’s important to market frequently for your messages to succeed
- how much time it takes to effectively market your farm business
It was a really fun, 40 minute discussion, so give it a listen while you’re driving, working on the farm or sitting in front of your computer.
Hope you enjoy!